Rounding our set of income calculators is this household income percentile calculator by state for the US.
If you’ve found yourself wondering about stats around the household income in Texas or household income percentiles in Florida, this is the calculator for you. Please spin it up and give it a go!
Household Income Percentile Calculator by State
To get started quickly, simply enter your state and household annual income details. Please see the chart and the table generated below for a full picture of your results.
Please wait a moment for the calculator to load. This make take a few seconds. Thanks!
This household earnings percentile calculator by state is very simple to use. First select your State and then enter in your annual salary in the box above and hit Calculate. The State and Annual Income fields are the only mandatory fields. The rest are all optional.
This calculator uses data from the US Census Bureau and hence the terminology used here reflects the terms that they use. Here is some additional information about the various inputs:
- Annual Income: Please include all the earners in your home and not just your individual income.
- Householder Age: This is the age of the householder.
- People (#): This is the number of people staying in a household.
- Family: This is a dropdown menu which lets you declare whether the group of people in a household are family or not. If you select “All”, the results are shown for all types of households – family and non-family.
- Own Children: This field is used to declare whether there are any unmarried children below the age of 18 who is/are a son or daughter by birth, a stepchild, or an adopted child of the householder. Note this relation is to the householder specifically, and not to other members in the household.
- Race: Select the race of the householder.
If you find this amount of information overwhelming, please start first just the Annual Income field. Then add the details of each parameter, one-by-one and you can see how the result evolves.
This calculator takes your information and slices and dices it to compare to a large amount of data generated by the Census Bureau, so it might take a few minutes to digest it all. Just as reference point, the dataset has information on nearly 128 million households!
The calculator presents the results in several different formats. First, the calculator shows how your household income compares against the rest of the households in your selected state. The result is shown in percentile format. If you select a Race, it will also show your household income percentile by race.
A chart with the income distribution for the households is shown. Use the drop-down menu here to see the chart for the various combinations of inputs that you entered.
The table then shows the percentile and median income for each specific combination of input entered. This includes household income percentile by age, household income percentile by age, household income percentile by race, household income percentile by family or non-family status, and finally median household income by whether there are related children in the household.
For certain combinations, data for percentile or medians may not be available, so those are omitted in the table.
Before You Go…
I hope you enjoyed using this income percentile calculator by state. If you do spot any errors, please feel free to leave a comment below or send us an email.
by Andrew Garcia
Andrew, an alumnus of South Florida State College, loves finance, fintech, and coding. When he’s not crunching numbers at the bank, he’s passionately writing about personal finance and building calculators for PFF. See more.